V-10 CWL Black Black-Sole
The V-10 model made out of ecological and sustainable materials stands for 10 ans d’amour.
- Upper in C.W.L.* (organic cotton covered with resin from corn & castor oil)
- panels made out of C.W.L.
- Logo V made of rubber and rice waste (23%)
- 100% organic cotton laces
- Soft inner lining (33% organic cotton & 67% recycled plastic bottles)
- Insole made of sugar cane (34%), amazonian rubber (11%), organic cotton (11%) & recycled E.V.A.** (8%)
- 59% bio-sourced and recycled outsole: made from amazonian rubber (24%), rice waste (23%) & recycled rubber (12%)
- Made in Brazil, in the region of Porto Alegre.
As an alternative to leather Cotton Worked as Leather is an innovative vegan and bio-sourced leather. It is basically cotton that is coated with a vegetal P.U. which is made from corn waste and 50% regular P.U. ( poly-urethane)
When asked if we would ever have our clothing made overseas, we categorically said no. In the beginning, Jennifer made everything by hand in the back of her shop, loving the contact with clients and refining her skills. Now that the business has grown, we’re proud to say that Jennifer Glasgow clothing is still made right here in Montreal! Our close knit circle of factories are all woman-owned. Chenda, Sina and Miu, with their teams, have produced every stitch for over 10 years. Keeping our production in Canada helps us control the quality of our goods and reduces our carbon footprint.
#whomademyclothes is a campaign started by Fashion Revolution that runs every year on the anniversary of the 2013 Rana Plaza disaster in Bangledesh where 1138 people were killed while working in a clothing factory. This hashtag is used by brands to demonstrate transparency in their supply chain. To read more about Fashion Revolution and their global organization, please click here.