V-10 Mesh White Natural Pierre
The ChromeFree leather is smooth and light. Coming from the farms located in the south of Brazil (Rio Grande do Sul), it undergoes an innovative tanning process where no chrome, heavy metals or dangerous acids are involved. By simplifying the tanning process, the use of chemicals and energy is limited, the use of water is reduced by about 40% and the use of salt by 80%. After tanning, the water is recyclable.
- Upper in ChromeFree leather
- Panels made out of ChromeFree leather and suede
- Logo V made of suede
- 100% organic cotton laces
- Tech inner lining (100% recycled plastic bottles). Developed to acquire better resistance to friction and provide maximum comfort and flexibility thanks to its mesh structure
- Insole made of sugar cane (34%), amazonian rubber (11%), organic cotton (11%) & recycled E.V.A.* (8%)
- Vulcanized outsole made of rice waste (23%), amazonian rubber (19% ), recycled rubber (12%)
- Made in Brazil, in the region of Porto Alegre.
When asked if we would ever have our clothing made overseas, we categorically said no. In the beginning, Jennifer made everything by hand in the back of her shop, loving the contact with clients and refining her skills. Now that the business has grown, we’re proud to say that Jennifer Glasgow clothing is still made right here in Montreal! Our close knit circle of factories are all woman-owned. Chenda, Sina and Miu, with their teams, have produced every stitch for over 10 years. Keeping our production in Canada helps us control the quality of our goods and reduces our carbon footprint.
#whomademyclothes is a campaign started by Fashion Revolution that runs every year on the anniversary of the 2013 Rana Plaza disaster in Bangledesh where 1138 people were killed while working in a clothing factory. This hashtag is used by brands to demonstrate transparency in their supply chain. To read more about Fashion Revolution and their global organization, please click here.